The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme.
As a subsidiary company of the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Research and Innovation Limited (ERI) has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2015 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner.
This scheme has the Commissioner's approval until 31 May 2019.
ERI Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
The purpose of the Guide to Information is to:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class;
- state what charges may be applied;
- explain how you can find the information easily;
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information; and
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published.
Contact ERI’s FOISA Representative
If you require any further information, please contact Edinburgh Research and Innovation’s FOISA representative.
Other relevant FOI publication schemes
ERI acts as a Freedom of Information Publication Scheme administrator for other University of Edinburgh subsidiary companies:
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, Scottish public authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost.
Further information regarding the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) Act 2002 is available on the Scottish Information Commissioner's website.